Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It Is Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas

We have finally found the time to put up our Christmas Tree. We did not get the lights on the house or any of our outside decorations up but at least the inside is decorated. Brody decorated the tree so note all the decorations are pretty much in the middle and on the bottom. He did a great job, has redecorated every day and has broke 3 ornaments.
Sunday when I got out of the shower, I came in the kitchen and the airplane decoration was on the cabinet with the propellor broken. I asked him what happened and he said he did not know. I asked him if he broke it and he said no, of course. I then said, did it just fly off of the tree and land on the cabinet and break? He looked me in the eyes and said, Yes mama. I just looked at him and he finally told me the truth.

Brody is really ready for Santa Claus. He was very concerned because we do not have any presents under the tree. I let him know there would be presents soon. That made him feel a little better. I told him Santa would be putting presents under the tree also. But he had to be good. Well, when he woke up Sunday, he walked into the living room and was really upset. He said, mama, there are no presents under the tree and I have been good. It was hard to keep from laughing but I told him it wasn't time for Santa yet. He was relieved.

Today we were a little under the weather so we stayed home. I wanted to do a little baking so we made 2 loaves of Pumpkin Cranberry Bread, Gingerbread and Fudgie Oatmeal Bars. Brody had so much fun helping and he did great helping me.

Now I just have to get this stuff out of my house so I do not eat every bit of it. I have a plate for my work, Bill's work and the daycare. They should enjoy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks sooooooo good. Save some for me.
Love Nana

Anonymous said...

girl you just bake bake bake - little miss betty crocker! sorry to hear you are under the weather.. same down here - cedar fever and allergies - and why does the day start out at 80 degrees by noon and then drop to 45 by 5pm? and now it's sleating outside? oh brother!

Vonda & Edgar said...

I want some! ~Vonda